Niwantha
Have I used "so as to" correctly in this sentence? Hi friends, Have I used "so as to" correctly in this sentence? Is it okay to use "for" with "next"? " Are you all okay if I set up the meeting for next Monday? Please confirm so as to communicate the same to our client. " Thanks in advance! Niwantha
The use of "for" is fine and makes sense. The second sentence is clear and the meaning is well understood, however it is a little bit of an Indianism. For me it would be more natural to say something along the lines of "Please confirm so that I can let the client know" or " Please confirm your availability so that I can inform the client."
Niwantha
English, Sinhala