portmanteau = mot-valise? Just checking because I'm suspicious: English has a word "portmanteau", meaning a new word made from two other words. Is the correct translation "mot-valise" in French? I don't want to confuse people by asking them about luggage when I'm trying to ask about language.
Oct 23, 2018 2:38 PM
Answers · 2
yes, this is the definition for "mot-valise". I didn't know that we say this way in english :) thanks for this new word!
October 23, 2018
October 23, 2018
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
Bulgarian, English, French, Greek, Spanish
Learning Language