Pelin
How do you say this another way? I can't get a break.
Interesting. To me, "get a break" seems more common that to "catch a break" (though both are common) and "down on my luck", though having a similar meaning, sounds old-fashioned. I can't imagine my friends saying it. Things aren't going my way. It's one thing after another. I'm cursed. My life's not going well. My life sucks.
The most common way of saying this phrase is "I can't catch a break" Then, obviously you can personalize it, for example I always say "Jeez, I just can't seem to catch a break!" However if you were looking for a completely different way of phrasing the same feeling I'd suggest something like "I'm down on my luck" or "I'm feeling down on my luck" Hope this helps!
It could mean a couple of things, so we need some context. It means either not being able to have a break (as in a rest), or not having any good luck.