Seul
According to/ pursuant with/ Can I say "in accordance with/pursuant with/ according to/ following the law, we will blah blah"? I used “in accordance with/ pursuant with/ according to/ following” in the meaning of conforming to. What else can I say instead of in accordance with/ according to/ following?
2
0
Those all could work but, as Gary points out, are formal. Other possibilities: As required by law, everyone must wear seat belts when traveling in company vehicles. We offer the legally mandated 7 days of paid sick time to all employees with 6 months of service. We comply with all local, state and federal regulations. This includes …
That depends completely on your context. The difference between them is the degree of formality. I can't really suggest which is appropriate without knowing what you are writing. You can certainly use 'pursuant' in something that has a legal context. It is very formal. It would look really strange in an informal context. Native speakers might use it as a joke, but not seriously. It is something a lawyer would typically write, and would also typically be followed by the title of a specific law, not 'the law'. 'according to' is more in-between in terms of formality. 'following' is the least formal. You could also use 'in compliance with', but again that is rather formal. If your use is informal, I don't 'think I would use that sentence structure at all, to be honest.
Seul