Mendeleev's table Do people refer to the periodic table of chemical elements as "Mendeleev's table" in English-speaking countries? /Just curious, I've noticed that French people use "le tableau périodique" and "le tableau de Mendeleïev" pretty much interchangeably, but I'm not sure I ever heard "Mendeleev's table" in English./
Nov 9, 2019 7:14 AM
Answers · 7
I have heard it used, and would know what it means, since it's something I refer to relatively regularly, and I was taught the history of it many many years ago. But it isn't used very regularly.
November 9, 2019
I’ve never heard of it referred to that way. “Periodic table” or “periodic table of the elements”
November 9, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, Gaelic (Irish), Russian
Learning Language
English, Gaelic (Irish)