nuno
what are differnt among want, wanna, would like to ? what is differnt among 'want', 'wanna', 'would like to' ?
Mar 11, 2008 3:09 AM
2
0
They're more or less different formalities of saying the same thing. "I would like to drive." "I want to drive." "I wanna drive." "I would like to drive." is a fairly formal way of saying something, and may come across as more of a request. "I want to drive." is more casual, and could be considered a request or even a demand (based on the context and the way it's said). "I wanna drive." is a very informal way of saying it, borderline adolescent. This is generally only an applicable term when there is a particle (a, an, to, maybe some more than I can't think of at the moment - but not the) before an object if it were said in the "I want..." way. If there is no particle then using "wanna" would sound awkward and grammatically incorrect (Or at least that's what it seems like to me). Other examples... "Would you like an apple?" "(do you) Want an apple?" "Wanna apple?" "I would like pancakes." "I want pancakes." ------ 'wanna' can't apply in this example ("I wanna pancakes.") would be incorrect usage, although the sentence could be modified to make it work, as in "I wanna pancake." The modification changes it to a singular form, which in 'want' terms would change it to "I want a pancake." so the particle 'a' allows the usage of "wanna" correctly. "I would like the special." "I want the special." ---- Again, "wanna" can't be used.
"Want" is something that you like to have or happen. I "want" an apple. Would is a conditional auxiliary modal meaning probability or willingness. Afterwards, she "would" go to school Wanna is not a word. In the English language, wanna doesn't exsist. However, 'wanna' is used in plain conversations and speaking informally because when English speakers speak the words "want to" very fast, it sounds like 'wanna'.
nuno
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese, Korean