From AustraliaLiving in Melbourne, Australia (09:03 UTC+11:00)
15 Years of experience, teaching Modern and Ancient Greek as a first and as a second language!
italki teacher since Oct 10, 2022
Hello – Γεια σας! My name is Eleni and I’m from Athens in Greece, currently living in Melbourne.
My passion is to help people improve their speaking skills so that they talk in Greek with confidence.
I'm a philologist who has graduated from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
The last ten years, i have been working as curriculum coordinator and educator, teaching the Modern and Ancient Greek language as a second language at a Greek school in Melbourne.
Recently, i also completed a Diploma of Early Childhood Education, as I aiming towards broadening my knowledge and skill set.
Me as a Teacher
Throughout these years,Ι’ve taught students of different levels and ages (from children to adults and from beginners to advanced).I’ve also taught using various teaching methods face to face and online.Teaching online is a great experience and i can't wait to meet new students from around the world.
We will work on:
- Speaking Practice on a wide range of topics and real-life situations.
- Vocabulary and Grammar Development.
- Listening and Reading Comprehension.
-Phonetics and Accent Reduction.
Depending on your own goals we can emphasize to a field more than the others, to move faster or slower, to do homework or not, as my lesson is individually based on each one's potentials and needs!
My lessons & teaching style
What to expect from your lessons?
We will have the lesson in an online classroom where you can:
• study with updated and colorful materials.
• write on the whiteboard using the keyboard and the classroom’s markup tools, this way you take an active part by writing, highlighting or underlining.
• watch videos and listen to Greek songs.
• play educational games.
• have all the pdf’s, audio files and lesson notes.
• build and master the vocabulary with flashcard games.
• upload your files, have homework assignments and reviews.
My teaching material
Articles and news
2012 - 2022
Curriculum Coordinator and Educator Sts Anargiri Greek Language CentreSts Anargiri Greek Language Centre - Melbourne, Australia