From Republic of KoreaLiving in Shanghai, China (11:19 UTC+08:00)
Teacher | Consultant | Corporate Trainer | Public Speaker
italki teacher since Sep 24, 2021
My name is Chris. I'm Korean-American. I was born in Busan, S. Korea and grew up in the States. For my university, I studied in Switzerland and had a chance to work in different countries. Now I'm based in Shanghai. My hobbies include exercise, reading, and studying Chinese characters.
Me as a Teacher
Previously I was a center director of an English training center in Shanghai. I specialize in three areas: First, business English, second is memory retention, and third conversational English.
• Business English is more for intermediate and advanced students. It’s suitable for someone preparing for job interviews or IELTS/TOEFL.
• Memory retention. This is suitable for anyone wanting to increase their vocabulary.
• Conversational English. Here we'll practice real life dialogue. Don't worry if you run out of words to speak. I'll gently guide you with questions that connects one thoughts to another in logical sequence.
My lessons & teaching style
My lesson styles incorporate both auditory and visual aid.
1. Auditory obviously is our voice, the best tool to communicate.
2. For visual aid, I will use document to note down your mistakes and give you structure in your speaking.
We'll use Zoom or Tencent meeting to share screen. For those who have difficulty memorizing words, we'll create narratives and make flashcards to test your memory retention.
I look forward to meeting you online~
My teaching material
161 lessons completed
A1 - C2Conversation Practice280 lessons completed
Entrepreneurship | Business Plan | Business Synopsis