Exercise
Daily Practice
This topic reminds me of my experience of high school. During that period, though we didn't have chance to learn online, we learned together and talked about any problems in person. We wouldn't be annoyed by a hard math problem which was very different from the situation when we learn online. Learning with classmates in the same classroom was really fun , we could help each other to improve our own academic achievement. While learning online, it's not convenient to communicate with others. After class, we always feel sad and helpless when we meet hard problems. The only method we can use to figure out a hard problem is to scan it with an app to search out the answer online, then copy it on paper. So, if we meet the same kind of problem during an exam, we can't figure it out either. But online learning has its own advantages. Compared to my high school time, our kids have opportunities to share many excellent learning resources online, which also promotes teachers to improve themselves in order to avoid being exceeded by their students. So, we need to take advantage of the benefits of online learning and avoid its disadvantages. Just like walking with two legs is better than just using one of them.
10 hours ago
1
0
Dear Italki tutors, Would be grateful if somebody could check my IELTS response to the task on the picture My response: Nowadays, stress is one of the principal risks facing people all over the globe. If unaddressed, it comes with inherent risks for our health. This essay will first suggest that the major trigger causing this phenomenon is hectic life and then argue that normalising psychological sessions is the most viable solution. The foremost problem factor causing stress is the quickly changing status quo. In other words, people live in volatile situations, which they cannot influence directly. Consequently, this puts them in limbo and makes them more nervous since they cannot be confident in tomorrow. For example, in 2022, my brother lived his ordinary life and had plans regarding travelling and a future career in IT. However, with Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, he could not venture abroad anymore, he abandoned his job and volunteered in the army. As a result, he developed a post-traumatic stress disorder, something that he could have never predicted before. To help people address this issue, it is essential to normalise visits to psychologists. Many individuals hold the belief that visiting a psychologist is a sign of weakness and inability to control one's emotions. However, if each of us shed this stereotypical thinking, people would not be afraid to turn for help and rely on psychological services. This would result in them feeling better and their mental health being improved. In my brother’s case, instead of disembedding from society, he followed my advice and turned to a psychologist, who helped him accept his trauma and start working on it. To conclude, stress is one of the foremost challenges we currently face. Stemming from current volatile conditions, it negatively affects our well-being. However, this problem could be addressed if societies changed their perceptions regarding psychological assistance and the people benefiting from it.
Jun 3, 2024 6:29 PM
3
0