Exercise
Daily Practice
This is for all the IELTS students: an introduction and overview of Academic Writing Task 1 with a few mistakes. Can you supply a better version? The pie charts supplied offer a comprehensive breakdown of the proportions of individuals speaking various languages in Melburn and Sydny. The charts encompass languages such as Mandarin, Japanes, Italian, Indonesian, and a category labeled 'Other'. They illustrate how the distribution of languages contrasts between these two cities. Overall, Mandarin is the most spoken language in both cities, with the smallest segment being the ‘Other’ category. This comparison highlights a linguistic diversity and dominant languages within each urban area. Interestingly, an recent increase in french restaurants suggests a growing popularity of French cuisine.
an hour ago
0
0
Reading Jin Ping Mei again. The mistress’s shoe was missing but she tried to blame the maidservant Qiu Ju. Actually she went in the house barefooted but she forgot. She cursed Qiu Ju and forced her to search everywhere. Qiu Ju reminded her that she has just forgotten that she left it in the garden but she didn’t admit. (Actually, it was true. A boy picked it up in the garden and the mistress’s son in law exchanged it with a pair of hairnet rings. Because he wanted to have an affair with the mistress. ) The mistress asked another maidservant to beat Qiu Ju. Even though the shoe was found, Qiu Ju was still beaten with a bamboo cane. It sounds familiar. Six hundred years has passed, nothing has changed. The history is a mirror. There is nothing we could do but: swallow our anger and keep our own counsel.
5 hours ago
0
0