I don't have kids, but if I were a mother, I'd look for some teacher who is:
- positive, kind and smiled (all the time)
- patient and with full of love (ready to share it with kids)
- creative and full of empathy
- flexible and dynamic so that this person can entertain the young kids and/or become their friend at that same time.
- not too much relax nor too much demanding (if there is some balance, the kids will definitely know where they limits are, but at the same time they are going to love this teacher).
- Working experience wouldn't be essential for me, but definitely would be an advantage.
- If a teacher knows my native language (Serbian, or any other language of ex Yugoslavia) that would be a huge advantage. However, if this person doesn't speak Serbian, then English would work perfectly (because in Serbia we mostly get online education through English, we watch so many scientistic programs on TV in English, etc . Let's say we get too much exposure in English).