Questions
Check out our updated Community
emar
Interested to + inf is an option that dictionaries accept. However, textbooks only teach: be interested in + ING . I don't think they are interchangeable . What use does the first have? Thank you very much
18 minutes ago
1
0
Seul
Item 1, 2 refer to 10% of the extract. Does it mean item 1+item2=10% of the extract? Or item 1 and item 2 respectively refer to 10% of the extract?
27 minutes ago
1
0
Ariana
I come across really shy when u first meet me but when u get to know me I’m outgoing and loud sometimes lol 😭 Is this correct
28 minutes ago
0
0
Toka Hamed
Hey guys, I'm toka, i'm looking for a partner to practice english, so if you're intrested, we can talk. ^^
37 minutes ago
2
1
Magda B
Hi, My name is Magda and I'm from Poland. I currently learn english and a little bit of spanish. Is there anybody who want to make a new friends and try to learn one of that language with me? In English I'm at level b2, Spanish a2 so speaking in Spanish may be challenging :)
an hour ago
4
0
Toyger
She's gonna cook Welsh food after visiting Wales. What does "celebrate" mean in this case when you use it with food? Does it mean the same as "celebrate new year" or more like "praise it"?
an hour ago
1
0
Shelly
What is the meaning when we say someone tough and scary?
an hour ago
1
0
ooo
Can you have a look at this script talking about lucky money in China and give me some comments? Thank you very much. If you ever travel to Hong Kong in Chinese New Year, you might encounter this kind of situation. You might wonder. Why Chinese give out red envelopes during Chinese New Year? In Hong Kong, they call the red envelope Lai see. Repeat after me. Lai see. Lai see. in Manland, They are called hong bao Chinese people love the color red, and regard red as the symbol of energy, happiness and good luck. Sending red envelopes is a way to send good wishes and luck (as well as money). So who will give the red envelopes to whom? Usually the elders will give the red envelopes to younger. But it workplace, superiors will give the envelope to their subordinates. Beside, marital statues also matters. Theoretically, you won’t get Lai See anymore if you are married. But somehow your family or people around you want to be nice and show their love and care to you, they may still give you Lai See. There’s no strict rule, you can give it to whoever you want. Some residents also give Lai See to the security guard of their building to show their kindness and appreciation to their handwork. The amount of money you put in the envelope depends on the relationship between giver and the receiver. for closer people, people will give larger amount of money. Like hundred, 5 hundred ect. But for people who are not that close, maybe you just put 20, 50, 100. There’s One thing you need to be careful, it is impolite to open a red envelope in front of the person who gives it to you. This seems
an hour ago
3
0
mohimen salam
Can you help please write solutions to these problems with a small paragraph!
an hour ago
0
0
Toyger
What is another way to say "quintessential"? What does it mean exactly?
2 hours ago
3
0
SHOW MORE