Questions
Check out our updated Community
JieXin
6 minutes ago
0
0
yassine mafrax
Peace be upon you A quick question: Q1: Do you have money? Q2: Do you have a pen? My question is the following: Which of the following answers match with each question? Or both answers work for both questions? And why? Yes, I do. Yes, I have.
29 minutes ago
1
0
song english
Very easy two questions about two easy sentence. 1You are not to leave your station without permission.(original) ① . NO leaving your station without permission. ② . NO being to leave to your station without permission. Question: Are both grammatically correct? Which is correct ? 2. Tom: It's a wonderful engineer, just listen to it when I start it now. (presses starter. Sound of engine turning over but not starting) I do know the meaning of the sentence, but want to make clear whether or not the part of the "()" → (presses starter. Sound of engine turning over but not starting) is a complete sentence because I don't think so. I understand the "presses starter" means the "Tom presses starter", but I don't regard such as " Sound of engine turning over but not starting " is a sentence. tell me how to understand the grammar here. I guess it means: You hear the sound of engine turning over but the starter does not start. but why is it written in such way that there is no its different subjects in it?
an hour ago
1
0
coco
hiˏ₍•ɞ•₎ˎ usually most sales take place outside the hall, with the audience seated on the benches. why seated, but not seating?
2 hours ago
2
0
Alik Bairamov
Which is correct: call the police or call to the police? Why?
2 hours ago
4
0
Yukie
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for people with who I can practice English, Chinese, Cantonese, Japanese. I need to practice my spoken English and I am at a beginner level. I'm a Japanese native speaker.
2 hours ago
4
1
Nobu
英語の"would"について質問です。 ある歌詞と同じ文法の構造を使った文章、例えば "If it rains tomorrow, I'd be all right." という文章があるとします。なぜ、主節で「would」を使うのでしょうか? 「仮定法過去」だと"If"節で"If it rained tomorrow..."になると思うのですが、こちらは現在形を使っています。 なぜ"would"を使うかネイティブスピーカーの先生に質問したところ、ある先生は「”If”を使っているから」と答え、別のネイティブの先生に「主節の"would"は"will"じゃダメなんですか?」と聞いたら「"will"にすると未来になる」という答えでした。依然として、なんとなくしかわかっていません。 この"would"の役割と、例文の日本語訳を教えて頂けたら嬉しいです。
3 hours ago
0
0
Masih/ Speaking,Test
Professional Teacher
Hello everyone.🌺 Can you fill in the blanks: I enjoy______ playing volleyball 1)Of 2)From 3)To 4) Nothing ✅It's a commen mistake by students. Tell me your answers and test yourself🌷
#
#
#
#
#
4 hours ago
4
0
Katherine
Hi, I’m looking for pen pals ! I’m not looking for boyfriend 🤬🤬
5 hours ago
0
1
Ethan Lee
Hi! I'm translating an admission letter. The status of admitted students should be ratified by the school and then the MoE. Would you tell me if the first paragraph I've written sounds OK and is grammatically correct? Thank you! "Congratulations on your admission to the Bachelor’s program in [program ] with a focus on [the field of study ] at the [university] (initials)! Your status as an overseas Taiwanese student has been ratified by the MoE as written in its Letter of Approval, coded as [code], issued on January 28, 2021 (also by the [university initials] in its Official Document, No. XXXXXX, January 8, 2021)."
6 hours ago
0
1
SHOW MORE