Questions
Check out our updated Community
Mona
Hi I'm confused by the meaning of '' the vigor and the incredible energy the re-workings were'' in the below context. Would you tell me what the speaker is trying to convey by saying '' the vigor and the incredible energy''. Is he trying to say how difficult the ACT of reworking was? Or is he actually telling how ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM had been applied to create the paintings that he was trying to rework? The text: That X-rays, ultraviolet and infrared photography, and chemical analysis -- tools used to probe works centuries old -- are now being employed on more recent art confirms that modernism has entered history. They not only help conservators understand how a work was made but, when sensitively deployed, can help them recover the living artist from the evidence of the mute painting. Such an approach is much in evidence in the exhibition ''Mondrian: The Trans-Atlantic Paintings,'' on view at the Busch-Reisinger Museum through July 22. The paintings they are, begun by Piet Mondrian (1872-1944) in Europe and completed in New York, were scrutinized using the latest scientific techniques. In this case, technical analysis revealed something unexpected in the character of the notably reserved Mondrian. ''What really surprised me,'' Mr. Spronk recalled, ''was the VIGOR and the incredible ENERGY, how laborious these re-workings were and to what length Mondrian went to attain these paintings' serenely abstract works.
2 minutes ago
0
0
Fiona
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows what this song is called? I heard it from a show and like it a lot but I don’t know the name. I only know that this is in Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian. Thank you in advanced!
0:35
6 minutes ago
2
0
Angels G.
What's the difference between "His/Her/Your Highness" and "His/Her/Your Royal Highness"?
24 minutes ago
0
0
Анастасия
Write me please if you would like to practice English with me ! I’m finding a native speaker. My level is advanced. So, let me know 😌✌🏼
30 minutes ago
1
1
soraya
Is this sentence corroct? Caramelized onions make this soup delicious.
32 minutes ago
1
0
미국인 지다 지용
Is my sentence ok? It's a little long so if it can be shortened in anyway that's great as It's understandable.Thanks 것 In Advance 처음방문 뉴욕에서 도 그레서 생일이 충효해생일선물있어그레서 선물포장하수있어요? 또 더주천있어요?
41 minutes ago
0
0
Érik Oliveira
Hello buddies, One of my main goals this year is to improve my English and my Spanish skills I'm B2/C1 in English and A2 in Spanish I would like to find somebody to practice with me once or twice a week and I can help you with Brazillian Portuguese in exchange. I cannot wait to know a little bit more about you. Bye
an hour ago
0
0
ck20hl
Hello everyone👋 Aside from taking lessons, it's as well essential to practice continually. I'm looking for non-native English speakers of similar levels as me(B2-C1) /B1+ tech nerds to have English discussion on any topics/news articles like Economist/New York times etc. Let's grow together:)
an hour ago
1
0
Nouha
Hi there, I'm looking for someone to practice my English and Dutch. I'm a French native speaker and I'll be glad to help you with French :)
an hour ago
1
1
Karolina
I'm looking for exchange partner of english to practice and learn new words at Oxford Word Skills (A1-A2).I wanna take classes twice a week. I speak korean and russian,too))
2 hours ago
2
0
SHOW MORE